Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Trip that became the Taken Movie

What do you think of when you see this quote? 

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career ... I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

I think of Liam Neeson kicking butt in the Taken movies!

Taken 2 is set in Turkey and when I traveled to Turkey in the summer of 2014 with a group from my college, we were always making references to this movie. Well one night, our references almost became reality.

Several of the girls and I were headed back to our hotel late one night, so we took a cab ride back. This taxi ride is still one of my craziest stories, and each of the girls who were with me can attest to that. I can tell the story, but not quite as well as Lauren Christian, one of the group leaders. Her storytelling will make you feel like you were in the cab with us - it's definitely worth the watch!



No comments:

Post a Comment